Comment Thread Rules For Sportsman's Paradise Online
SPO "CHAT" RULES
Commenting is a privilege, not a right. The moderators at Sportsman's Paradise Online(SPO) have the right to indefinitely ban/block anyone who they feel is conflicting with the site and/or its visitors. Comments posted in the comment threads are not written or endorsed by Sportsman's Paradise Online including but not limited to visitor and moderator comments.
In addition, The commenting system at Sportsman's Paradise Online also uses an automated moderation process commonly called "community moderation". This means after a comment is flagged(up to 5 unique flags) it will then automatically be removed. If a comment receives several flags by unique users that commentor could automatically then get banned by the system. Also, if a user is abusing the flagging system and flagging posts that are not inappropriate then they could also get banned for misuse of the flagging system.
In the comment threads(chat):
Camera Owners: We prefer that you don't post urls to your website in the comment threads, but instead contact us to request that your website url be posted on the same page as where your camera video feed is located. Please note that your website must be directly related to the video you are streaming and no others.
- Soliciting will not be tolerated(For Example: your personal website, book, audio CD, cookbook, vacation packages, herbal supplements etc.).
- Be respectful, polite and use common sense.
- No profanity, rudeness, or other inappropriate comments.
- Respect the diversity of the room.
- Limit personal information, either asked or given. Age, gender, and other such details are unnecessary or even inadvisable.
- Do not use multiple identities.
- You must be at least 13 years old to comment. By commenting you are in effect stating that you're at least 13 years of age.
- Do not post strings of several emoticons, smileys, or random characters.
- Do not post in all caps, it’s like YELLING.
- Moderators can temporarily and permanently ban chat abusers. Moderators can also delete inappropriate posts.
- Do not engage chat abusers yourself, please flag the comment and ignore it.
Please note: This is a public website and comment threads. Never give out any personal information.
The rules posted above may change at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to know the rules before posting a comment on Sportsman's Paradise Online.