Live Barn Owl Nest Box Cam – Dorset, UK

This is a live feed of wild barns owls named the Lorton Meadows Barn Owls brought to you by the Dorset Wildlife Trust, United Kingdom. The male has a white chest and face. He usually shows up after dark but has spent an entire day with the female.

guest
3.2K Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
Chris in Olympia
Chris in Olympia(@cbbrunner)
June 14, 2024 1:21 am

Piano was picked up this morning. They really knew what they were doing and got it out of the house in good shape and no harm to the floors or anything. Then I worked on tax estimates, making deposits by phone, starting a load of laundry, sending reminders to clients, offering some books to DD and DN (niece), etc. I again tried to call the IRS practitioner hotline and got “Due to unsually heavy call volume, call back another time”. 😣 DH and I went briefly to the nearby bank branch and got our Well agreement notarized. We probably should… Read more »

35949080_10156688083149668_7954646952543518720_n
June 14, 2024 12:03 am

2nd try… got the kitchen back to normal and all cleaned up. Got the new filter on.. did a load of laundry and put away,Am trying to get my health insurance squared away.. Got my ID today so am officially insured and have been since June 1st.. need to pick my doctor, as I don’t know any , so need to research them…they want me to set everything up on the computer, so that is going to take some time since DH has been using it past 2 days…he is putting some things on EBay.. Got my hair done today… Read more »

June 13, 2024 10:44 pm

One owlet sitting in the back looking at the camera.. “Hi there sweetie”💕🦉

PamCo_Home
PamCo_Home(@pamco_home)
June 13, 2024 10:06 pm

UPDATE on the missing food dishes:
I put out 2 heavy glass bowls this morning because i was in a hurry & didn’t feel like making the ferals wait while I searched for something else. At 6p went out to find them GONE — AGAIN 😡 One was broken on the steps and the other was on the side of the garage, standing upright with food still in it —
Feel as though I’ve strayed into the Twilight Zone 😟

Last edited 8 hours ago by PamCo_Home
June 13, 2024 10:46 pm
Reply to  PamCo_Home

Oh my gosh who is the culprit that did that?

TEA
TEA(@teatime44)
June 13, 2024 8:30 pm

Good evening friends. Our weather has been so beautiful……but a heat wave is on its way in. Blessed to have A/C.
This has been a hurtful week for me……big knee injections on Monday and went for 6 month dental cleaning and exam today. All that picking and scraping has brought pain to teeth and gums. 🙄
I am about ready to hit the bottle…🍾…..lol….and I don’t drink 🍷Perhaps Advil will help.
Good night and God Bless. Take care ♥

6ee
PamCo_Home
PamCo_Home(@pamco_home)
June 13, 2024 10:05 pm
Reply to  TEA

Oh Tea, knees and teeth?? 🙏 {{HUGS}}

June 13, 2024 10:48 pm
Reply to  TEA

Oh my goodness two things at the same.. that would drive me, to have a drink but like you I don’t drink either, maybe once a year for a special occasion. But it would be quite rare..
I feel for you 💕🤗 [Hugs]

Last edited 7 hours ago by Gwen
Chris in Olympia
Chris in Olympia(@cbbrunner)
June 13, 2024 10:53 pm
Reply to  TEA

Yeah that is a lot in one week. 💗

PamCo_Home
PamCo_Home(@pamco_home)
June 13, 2024 4:42 pm

Howdy do Lovely Owl People 🦉🦉 Sunny and very hot; heading to 104F 🥵 Chopped celery/green onions, made a mac salad for lunch; was a little heavy-handed with the mayo 🙄 so heavy in fact, had to add another full cup of pasta. Don’t know what i was thinking! Went to feed the ferals and No Food Dishes 😡I have no idea what animal/person did with them, but not a single one was to be found; water dishes are fine. I’ll be using paper plates/plastic throw-aways after this. One dish was weighted/insulated for winter water so it wouldn’t freeze and it was… Read more »

Cat-Train-1
TEA
TEA(@teatime44)
June 13, 2024 7:58 pm
Reply to  PamCo_Home

That is just terrible that all of your food dishes for cats have disappeared. It sure is a mystery. Too bad you don’t have a security camera in that area to catch the thief. Paper plates and throw away dishes are the way to go from now on.
Sorry you threw out those expensive cards by mistake. We all make mistakes so don’t be too hard on yourself. 😘
Your cartoon is funny and I can relate. 😄

June 13, 2024 10:53 pm
Reply to  PamCo_Home

Boy Pam you haven’t had much luck at all lately…glue them to a brick…lol
and the cards also so sorry, I have done crazy things like shredded my ne ATM card and not my old one. Then it cost me $5 to expedite another new one . I think the bank thought I was not right…lol

Last edited 7 hours ago by Gwen
Lynn
Lynn(@lynn)
June 13, 2024 2:37 pm

Hello…it’s 89 here today…the feels like temp is 94, so I have the a/c on. I did some laundry, cleaned the bathroom, finished sweeping and vacuuming that I started yesterday, and did litter boxes. A friend called, it’s been quite awhile..I don’t call her because she’s so busy..it was good to hear from her. We live about 45 minutes apart but only see each other every year or two. We might bring sandwiches to FIL”s house tonight but I’ll just stay home if it’s storming..we are under a severe watch until 8. I’m going to read awhile now..

PamCo_Home
PamCo_Home(@pamco_home)
June 13, 2024 4:43 pm
Reply to  Lynn

Lynn, stay safe in any bad weather you experience 🙏

TEA
TEA(@teatime44)
June 13, 2024 8:00 pm
Reply to  Lynn

Always nice to receive a phone call from a friend. I hope the storms will pass you by. Be safe. ♥

Chris in Olympia
Chris in Olympia(@cbbrunner)
June 13, 2024 1:55 am

Had Bible and cioffee with my friends, and then to the post office to mail out a tax return. Went home and worked on paying bills, and then to the car delaership to get my repaired car and return the courtesy car. My car works like a charm now! Took a box of books to be donated to the library on the way home. Then worked more on paying bills. Also had a client stop by and pick up a tax return when I got home, and a friend stopped by to pick up her parent’s car which they left… Read more »

35943556_10156685265829668_3368399540079034368_n
TEA
TEA(@teatime44)
June 13, 2024 8:02 pm

Good news your car is repaired. 👍

Last edited 10 hours ago by TEA
PamCo_Home
PamCo_Home(@pamco_home)
June 12, 2024 7:30 pm

Good morning Lovely Owl People 🦉🦉 Sunny; got up to a toasty 99F 🌡️🥵 Was planning to do wonders this morning, but with only 4 hours sleep, those ‘wonders’ have to wait 🤪 DB-Chuck got a new outside grill yesterday, he’s so excited; the old one was pretty beat up, to the point that we couldn’t even hook up the propane tank due to the screw being stripped & the hose leaked, geez 🙄 It was 20 years old! We got a flood warning here in Rocky Ford this morning; that water is movin’ fast! So much road construction — UGH,… Read more »

6-12-Flood-Arkansas-River
Road-Work
TEA
TEA(@teatime44)
June 12, 2024 8:23 pm
Reply to  PamCo_Home

It will be difficult to get around all the construction.
Sorry for the flood warnings. South Florida is having dangerous flooding seen on news this evening.
Be safe!

PamCo_Home
PamCo_Home(@pamco_home)
June 12, 2024 8:55 pm
Reply to  TEA

Thanks Tea; we’re on a hill so the warnings/floodings don’t affect us at the house; however, those warnings would affect us if we were silly enough to get in the car and try to go somewhere! 🙄

Last edited 1 day ago by PamCo_Home
June 12, 2024 5:37 pm

DGS took me to pick up the car .. air works perfect and he only charged us partial labor.. Bless him..took it then to get washed and now home , we decided to let the fan run most of the day and tonight will put refrigerator back to normal.. it is 91 now at 3:30pm..

June 12, 2024 2:29 pm

Today is National Women Veterans Day: Thank you my cousin Trisha for your 10 yrs of service.. ❤️

Last edited 1 day ago by Gwen
PamCo_Home
PamCo_Home(@pamco_home)
June 12, 2024 7:24 pm
Reply to  Gwen

My nephew Noah’s wife served in the Air Force for 4 years — Thank you Jaimie 🥰

June 12, 2024 2:19 pm

Good morning friends, we have sun today, yesterday was no sun and air didn’t even come on.. was in low 70’s so far today we have 80, yesterday would have been a perfect day to do yard work, but spent the day dealing with the leaky filter to the ice maker.. I alarmed DH of the fact discovering water on the floor.. we pulled out the refrigerator and was all wet under it..DGS took me to Lowes to get a new filter as it was leaking from the fitting and got a new one as the other expired a year… Read more »

Chris in Olympia
Chris in Olympia(@cbbrunner)
June 12, 2024 3:43 pm
Reply to  Gwen

-Glad you got a good night’s sleep!! So sorry to hear about the mess under the frdge.

TEA
TEA(@teatime44)
June 12, 2024 5:54 pm
Reply to  Gwen

Sorry for the leak and having to replace the flooring. It is good that your DS and GS will do the repairs.
You needed a good nights sleep after dealing with the leak. Wishing you better days ahead.🙏

Lynn
Lynn(@lynn)
June 12, 2024 9:45 am

Good morning…high of 89 today…looks like it’s warming up here..highs in the 80s and lower 90s. I watered my flowers…noisy out there! machinery and jack hammering going on. I might brush pets today and make a couple calls..maybe work on my water color how-to book..the other day I did some coloring.

TEA
TEA(@teatime44)
June 12, 2024 8:09 am

Good morning friends 💙 Partly sunny with a high of 83 today. Will enjoy this nice weather while it lasts. Our first heat wave is on it’s way the next few days. Want to wipe down all the front porch while it is cool.
Have a nice day. Take care. ttfn😘

g-morning-b
Last edited 1 day ago by TEA
June 12, 2024 3:14 am

I will write tomorrow as I am tired and finally sat down at 10:30 pm. I am watching Celine Dion story about her illness..so sad as she wants so badly to get back on stage.. also still don’t have our car as they had to order parts..so maybe be done by Thur. Also our water filter that goes out our ice maker had a leak, which apparently leaked for over a month.. and we never knew until things started happening, I discovered it tonight..around 7:30 .. what a mess .. am really tired so Goodnight. and will write more tomorrow..… Read more »

TEA
TEA(@teatime44)
June 12, 2024 8:01 am
Reply to  Gwen

Sorry you had to deal with leaky ice maker. What a mess for sure.

Lynn
Lynn(@lynn)
June 12, 2024 9:47 am
Reply to  TEA

I watched Celine too…sounds like she is planning on singing again, as much as she can…love how she said the fans help her, singing her songs.

June 12, 2024 5:26 pm
Reply to  Lynn

She is one special lady❤️

June 12, 2024 2:36 am

Wow 2 owlets are all over the OB practicing using their wings and going back and forth.. Love it starting to see some action..lol

Chris in Olympia
Chris in Olympia(@cbbrunner)
June 12, 2024 1:48 am

Had a client come and sign a tax return this monring, and then attended a 2 hour online tax seminar. Then I called about lawn treatments and left a message and never got a phone call back. Sigh… Worked on several tax returns and made lists of questions and sent out emails and calcuated some estimated payments. Filed the one that came in this morning. Had Church Home Group Zoom meeting. Worked on another tax return. The story of my life… DB called and our other DB got a notice about something regarding a recalculation of his mortgage payment or… Read more »

35815138_10156682572524668_4358223282277711872_n
June 12, 2024 2:44 am

Wow Chris you have so much on your plate..🙏🙏 Hugs and Love

Last edited 2 days ago by Gwen
TEA
TEA(@teatime44)
June 12, 2024 7:58 am

Lots going on with you.(((hugs))) I think you need a personal assistant to help you get through all your tasks.

Chris in Olympia
Chris in Olympia(@cbbrunner)
June 12, 2024 3:45 pm
Reply to  TEA

Sounds like a good idea! Wonder where I can find one?😁

PamCo_Home
PamCo_Home(@pamco_home)
June 11, 2024 7:22 pm

Howdy do Lovely Owl People 🦉🦉 Sunny, got to 90F; not bad for June. Went into town, about 20 mins away (not the big city of Pueblo) to drop off our Ballots and go to the grocery. I don’t think there’s A/C in that store 😧 By the time i got out of there, i looked/felt as tho’ i’d just spent an hour in a steam bath in my clothes! UGH 😟 Adding insult to injury, i left my empty bags in the car and had to bag my own groceries outside in the sun/heat. I’m an idiot 🤪 Then I was taking the… Read more »

Herman-6-8-rabbit-man
Last edited 2 days ago by PamCo_Home
TEA
TEA(@teatime44)
June 12, 2024 7:54 am
Reply to  PamCo_Home

I hope you have a much cooler day today. Take care in those high temperatures.

Chris in Olympia
Chris in Olympia(@cbbrunner)
June 11, 2024 1:33 pm

Update from Darlene: 6/11/2024 Good morning everyone!  Thought I’d give an update on my awesome husband.  He had a pretty good workout with physical therapy yesterday. He put him through all the strength exercises. He was doing an evaluation since it’s been a month since his first physical therapy appointment. The testing for his strength went really well. Much better than a month ago, for sure. The therapist walked him further down the block and he did quite well.   His memory is still something to be worked on. Bob did say that his memory is getting better. And I agree.   He is getting so much better in forming… Read more »

TEA
TEA(@teatime44)
June 11, 2024 3:42 pm

Thanks posting update Chris. So glad Robert continues to improve. 🙏

PamCo_Home
PamCo_Home(@pamco_home)
June 11, 2024 7:33 pm

Such good news Chris/Darlene 🙏

Chris in Olympia
Chris in Olympia(@cbbrunner)
June 11, 2024 2:36 am

Phone calls today – to get a electrician, to schedule cleaning service, to cancel security system monitoring at old house. More to make tomorrow. Electrican came today and we found out that the panel marked as “Generator” was actually a regular electrical panel and we didn’t look there (thinking it was only for use when using the generator). There was one switch thrown there and it was marked Kitchen! This panel was right underneath the others we did look at but… Sigh. We both felt really dumb. It turns out we have 4 fuse panels, instead of 3. But the… Read more »

35564348_10156674713844668_3950199112825044992_n
June 11, 2024 3:03 am

I read this after watching Race for New Zealand.. ..glad Lynn’s DS is still in.. grueling I must say..

Chris in Olympia