Southwest Florida(SWFL) Eagle Nest

You are watching a live broadcast of a wild mating pair of bald eagles named M15 and Harriet located in Southwest Florida(SWFL) in Fort Myers, Florida. Happy to announce the cams are now live for the 2022-2023 nesting season.

About this nest – The nest is about 60 feet above the ground, in a Slash Pine tree. As of 2012, the bald eagles have made this nest their home for 5 years. The male(M15) and female(Harriet) both help in incubation of the eggs and will also both provide food for the eaglets after they hatch.

History/Timeline – all times are EST

guest
685 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
bozsmom
bozsmom(@bozsmom)
2 hours ago

hi every one, i am happy to say we made it thru the storm. boz did not like the wind and rain when he had to potty. lost power for about 2 hours, was getting ready to start generator when it came back on lol you all told me to let you know that we were safe but boy is my yard a mess!!!

molly
molly
1 hour ago
Reply to  bozsmom

yeah!! a happy report for a change. So glad you’re OK. sorry about little boz.

bozsmom
bozsmom(@bozsmom)
2 minutes ago
Reply to  molly

thanks it was a scary day for sure.

VT Nancy
VT Nancy(@birdlady)
2 hours ago

We are finally getting some captures trickling’s in from our ground photographers. Here are the cam trees, the pond cam tree is down but the nest tree and cam #2 is fine. Hopefully once power comes on we will start seeing our nest again. NO Water in the area or on the property at all.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 155114.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-30 182638.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-30 182704.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-30 182726.jpg
bozsmom
bozsmom(@bozsmom)
2 hours ago
Reply to  VT Nancy

so glad to see most of that spanish moss is off the nest tree, that was kiling it

VT Nancy
VT Nancy(@birdlady)
7 hours ago

Good afternoon, I was gone all morning, but mods have been busy, this was posted earlier, its a photo of the tree and pond cam that went down, tree that is cam is fine. Hopefully as news tickles in we will continue to have good news. I will keep you posted as we receive it.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 141003.jpg
Peg
PEGGY(@peg)
5 hours ago
Reply to  VT Nancy

Thank you so much . Everyone be safe

VT Nancy
VT Nancy(@birdlady)
2 hours ago
Reply to  PEGGY

Yes and the horses are too

KyDebbie
KyDebbie(@kydebbie)
5 hours ago
Reply to  VT Nancy

Thanks Nancy.

VT Nancy
VT Nancy(@birdlady)
2 hours ago
Reply to  KyDebbie

I am happy to do it as we all have been so upset not knowing, I will continue posting for all of you until the cams go live again.

KyDebbie
KyDebbie(@kydebbie)
10 hours ago

Thanks to Nancy and Bob for all the info you provide. The prelude has been written to the book which we will all read as this story unfolds. I’m thankful one eagle has been spotted. I’m hopeful the final chapter will be all about E21 and 22.

VT Nancy
VT Nancy(@birdlady)
12 hours ago

Hello Members I see Bob posted the info we received late yesterday, such good news, We have several ground photographers who are members in our group and they are starting to supply photos of nest area for us. We are hopeful Harriet and M15 will start building soon, they will not have to go far to hunt for materials I am sure. I will check in as I receive information for you.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 090108.jpg