Kestrel Nest Box – Wallingford, Oxfordshire

You are watching a live feed of a Kestrel nest box located in the United Kingdom. Since 2015 the CEH has followed Kestrel nesting via live webcams, offering a glimpse into the breeding behavior of these birds of prey. For more information about the Centre for Ecology & Hydrology(CEH) please visit www.ceh.ac.uk.

guest
12.6K Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
Lynn
Lynn(@lynn)
56 minutes ago

Hello…busy tiring day yesterday….went out of town to do some shopping, several stores…got a chicken salad sandwich on a pretzel bun at a sandwich shop…and egg nog shake at Steak and Shake.yum..mostly I got treats for people and a dog sweater for Bane..waiting now for DH to get home from the cemetery we might use the app and get the 59 cent double cheeseburger at McD’s…not sure what else…not sure if he’ll have time though before heading to his rentals..time to get something done..have a good day 😍 and Beryl, replied to you below..

Lynn
Lynn(@lynn)
43 minutes ago
Reply to  Lynn

my sister and BIL went to a Straight No Chaser concert..love them! I’ve seen them on PBS a few times..just now watched their Happy and Africa videos, so fun and they are amazing!

Kathy S
Kathy S(@kathy-2)
4 hours ago

Good morning, cloudy and 49F going up to 56F with a stray shower or thunderstorm possible. Our future-cast indicates we won’t see sunshine until Monday. I was super busy yesterday running numerous errands, one of which included going to my MIL’s house. Craig’s mother Joyce is in New Orleans with his sister Beth and BIL Rob. The 3 of them flew there on Wednesday because Rob’s daughter Bréana (from his first marriage) is getting married on Saturday. Wednesday evening Joyce called us to ask if one of us could go down to her house (20 minutes away) sometime on Thursday… Read more »

E5D0B160-F9A1-4D21-8B32-93E8F838A9BB.jpeg

5 hours ago

😀

Screenshot_1.jpg
Beryl
Beryl(@beryl)
3 hours ago

Every year I watch out for you but never saw you ! Its still early over there !

Last edited 3 hours ago by Beryl

Ardyth ~ Tucson
Ardyth ~ Tucson(@ardyth)
6 hours ago

Beautiful morning at Duluth
snowing at Decorah!!!!!

Screenshot_5.jpg
Jenn
Jenn(@jenn)
6 hours ago

Good morning, 28 degrees feels so cold though.
The moon was still very visible about 20 mins. ago when I took Danny out, so pretty.
I was busy yesterday with some wrapping and projects
Today I am going alone to look for a gifts for Denny. I know he bought me things at LLBean though I told him to just think of the kids. I planned to shop for him and I need to go alone to do that. Think I will make a day of it 😍

sparkle.jpg
Ardyth ~ Tucson
Ardyth ~ Tucson(@ardyth)
6 hours ago
Reply to  Jenn

How far do you have to drive?

Jenn
Jenn(@jenn)
6 hours ago

I am going to my hometown of Rockland, it is about 45 mins. drive. We only have a few small stores in our area near our home. I saw you said you are not walking in the cold weather. I went outside yesterday afternoon, with layers of clothing, and I walked up the road with Danny and then we played outside ( me chasing him and throwing the frisbee ) and I told myself I have to get outside every day that is not stormy. I fell off walking since my surgery and I know I feel better mentally being… Read more »

Last edited 6 hours ago by Jenn
Beryl
Beryl(@beryl)
5 hours ago
Reply to  Jenn

That is so true, it makes all the difference, gets all the blood and juices flowing, me I would be out there if only !
Just looking Nordic walking sticks, lol !

Jenn
Jenn(@jenn)
5 hours ago
Reply to  Beryl

I have been looking at them online. They help with upper body strength too and I have seen many people walking with them in the past few years. If I look like a nut oh well I don’t mind 😜

Ardyth ~ Tucson
Ardyth ~ Tucson(@ardyth)
5 hours ago
Reply to  Jenn

I feel better mentally but I like to go early and when its warmer. So as soon as it starts getting lighter earlier in the morning I will walk again.

Jenn
Jenn(@jenn)
5 hours ago

Sounds like a good plan.😍

Beryl
Beryl(@beryl)
6 hours ago
Reply to  Jenn

Hi Jenn, we are 38 and that’s cold can’t imagine 28. I have the heating on and its not even touching the cold, I can’t feel my fingers but I can’t type with my gloves on, lol ! Enjoy your shopping ! 😀

Jenn
Jenn(@jenn)
6 hours ago
Reply to  Beryl

I don’t like it at all that you are so cold Beryl. It is awful to feel cold inside the house. I am already wanting to think Spring and I do not look forward to the cold wintery days at all.

Beryl
Beryl(@beryl)
6 hours ago
Reply to  Jenn

Being more active going out and about would make a difference but just being in the house not doing much makes it seem much colder but it is what it is. 🙂

Jenn
Jenn(@jenn)
5 hours ago
Reply to  Beryl

That is true Beryl. I just replied to Ardy below that I am having to get back into walking and being outside more. Even 15 mins. a day outside stimulates the endorphins in the brain to feel good and that is important to keep my sanity now we are staying in Maine.

Beryl
Beryl(@beryl)
5 hours ago
Reply to  Jenn

👌

Kathy S
Kathy S(@kathy-2)
4 hours ago
Reply to  Jenn

Hi Jenn
Be safe out there and have fun shopping for Denny.💕