Live Hummingbird Nest Cam – Idaho

This is a live broadcast of a wild female hummingbirds nesting. There are several Hummers that nest in this yard. Their nests are usually located bushes and no larger than the size of a golf ball. The nest is made from feathers, leaves and other parts of plant matter. She then wraps this material together with spider webs. The eggs she lays are about the size of a breath mint(tic-tac).

Hummingbirds lay 1 or 2 eggs per clutch. You can expect to see them hatch after about 14-16 days from the date they are laid. The chicks will continue to grow in the nest for about three to four weeks before fledging.

Subscribe to email updates about the Hummingbird Cams: https://bit.ly/HummingbirdUpdates

guest
33.3K Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
Lynn
Lynn(@lynn)
6 minutes ago

and Debbie, yes, my village is on both sides of the tree..and Cammie, if I’m missing a snowman/person, I’ll know who took it, lol

Lynn
Lynn(@lynn)
10 minutes ago

Hello..just had a 59 cent double cheeseburger from McD’s and now going to watch a holiday dvd, maybe Rudolph..

julie
julie(@julie-2)
36 minutes ago

I just had a problem with SPO it sent me out and I couldn’t come back in I’m going to eat and say good night before it happens again I might not get back in so sleep well see you tomorrow

KyDebbie
KyDebbie(@kydebbie)
34 minutes ago
Reply to  julie

I had trouble too Julie. Posts were out of proper order. I missed some posts also so didn’t respond til like an hour later. Anyway, good night and sleep well.

KyDebbie
KyDebbie(@kydebbie)
50 minutes ago

Sorry to any chatters I might have missed. Posts were weird, old posts on top, new ones way below. I’ve refreshed now things are normal.

julie
julie(@julie-2)
35 minutes ago
Reply to  KyDebbie

something is up with the posts mine don’t turn yellow when there is a new one and read above

Cammie
Cammie(@cammie)
1 hour ago

Hello….
Sitting down after a busy day..
Going to get jigs done, coffee, and some macaroons to have with it.
Dinner tonite was oven fried chicken, sweet tater, and the rest of the cole slaw. I didn’t feel like standing to cook the chicken, so the oven got to do the work!

20221209_165219.jpg
julie
julie(@julie-2)
1 hour ago
Reply to  Cammie

Have a good time with your jigs Cammie I like easy cooking 😘

KyDebbie
KyDebbie(@kydebbie)
59 minutes ago
Reply to  Cammie

Hi Cammie. I didn’t ignore your post, I just now saw it. I like thighs and things done in the oven. I’m eating more sweet potatoes and I have left over slaw. I’m making a Chuck roast in the Instant Pot with taters and carrots. I forgot the celery. Enjoy your evening activities.